Goods from outside the EU

If you import the goods temporarily from outside the EU for treatment (inward processing), you need an inward processing authorisation.

Cross-border authorisation

If you use customs procedures in more than 1 Member State, for a number of specific procedures (e.g. temporary import, inward or outward processing, etc.) you may be eligible for a cross-border authorisation. The authorisations are provided by the Expertise Centre for Single Authorisations (Expertisecentrum voor grensoverscheidende vergunningen(ECGOV)), which is part of the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration.

Temporary export

If you take community goods outside of the EU and subsequently bring them in again, this is called temporary export. You have to report this to Customs.