Local authorities providing local information

Several local authorities in the Netherlands have an expat center. Expat centers extend a warm welcome to anyone settling in the Netherlands and they'll gladly provide you with all the information you'll need about their city and/or region, e.g. about health care facilities, schools, cultural events, etc.

They'll also be able to help with a wide range of formalities at a local or national level, e.g. arranging a parking permit or registering a birth, or even sorting out your immigration papers.

Resolving practical issues

Employing non-Dutch residents involves resolving a whole range of practical issues. Expat centers will help you deal with the Immigration and Naturalisation Service [Dutch: Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst (IND)], e.g. arranging residence permits [Dutch: verbijfsvergunning], citizen service numbers [Dutch: burgerservicenummer (BSN)] and work permits [Dutch: werkvergunningen].

In other words, they'll act as a one-stop shop for all the documents you'll need on arrival.


Contact the Immigration and Naturalisation Service
Call +31 88 043 0430
Contact us